With a beautiful and healthy smile, braces help you become a better version of yourself. With more options than ever, getting results with braces has never been easier. Find out more about how clear braces and metal braces are different and how they can be used.
Traditional Metal Braces
Traditional metal braces have been used for a long time and are very popular. With traditional braces, a metal wire connects a series of metal brackets that are stuck to your teeth. These braces slowly move your teeth to give you a better smile.
Metal braces require regular wire adjustments. These adjustments gradually add more pressure to fix bites that are out of place.
Benefits of Metal Braces
- Cost-efficient option
- Work 24 hours a day to straighten teeth.
- Can help with everything from small problems to big ones
What You May Not Realize About Metal Braces
- Metal braces today are more comfortable than they have ever been.
- Metal braces come with elastics that can be changed to different colors to suit your tastes.
Clear braces, which are also called “ceramic braces,” work the same way as metal braces, but they have a more advanced design that makes them less obvious. The clear brackets and parts of these braces blend in with a person’s smile.
Clear braces are shaped to fit in your mouth comfortably. They are made of a strong material that can keep up with any way of life.
Benefits of Clear Braces
- Less noticeable design
- Brackets and ties that you can see through blend in with your teeth.
- A higher level of comfort all around
What You May Not Realize About Clear Braces
- Not as strong as metal brackets
- Without regular care, ceramic brackets can get dirty.
Which Kind of Braces is Best for Me?
Both traditional braces and braces made of ceramic are good choices. At Gavri Orthodontics, we treat each patient in a way that is unique to them. We are sure we can help you, whether you need clear braces, metal braces, or are thinking about other options like Invisalign.